“Genuine, direct and honest”. That’s how clients describe Annette Poechman. Her approach to therapy is simple. It’s all about you! You set the agenda, she listens and provides you with the guidance you need. Annette’s goal is to make your session a positive and supportive experience. She has a proven track record with many models of therapy, including mindfulness-based, cognitive behavioural (CBT), and solution focused. Annette takes an eclectic and individual approach to therapy and counselling based on your unique needs.
- Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario
- Master of Education in Counselling from Western University in London, Ontario
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Certified Canadian Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Certified EMDR Therapist. Annette has training to work with first responders as well as trauma, mindfulness, and solution focused therapies.
Experience and Settings
Annette has a wealth of experience in both private practice and public/agency settings (not-for profit agencies, high schools, colleges, universities, and Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) companies.
Annette’s clients are adults, youth and children of all abilities and backgrounds. Annette is equally comfortable discussing a mini-medical interview with an aspiring firefighter or working through PTSD issues with a first responder, as she is sitting on the floor with a 5-year-old child to draw pictures and talk about “worry monsters”.
Approach to Counselling and Psychotherapy
Annette’s approach to personal counselling and psychotherapy is holistic and includes:
- Psychotherapy and Personal Counselling
- PTSD – Trauma Counselling
- Career Counselling
- MVA/WSIB Counselling
You may find yourself starting to talk about your career, then take a detour through some personal issues and come back to your resume. That’s okay! Remember, it’s all about you.
When is the right time to connect with Annette? The moment you feel overwhelmed, anxious or lost, or when you realize you are capable of so much more. Know you’re not alone. Support is one phone call away. Connect with Annette by calling 905.520.5859, sending an email or booking an appointment. Together, you’ll discover new paths. Listening, guiding, caring.