Personal Counselling is a safe, non-judgemental and completely confidential opportunity to explore your concerns. How do you know when you need personal counselling? Here are seven signs:
- If you are feeling overwhelmed and life doesn’t seem to be going your way. There may have been a crisis or a significant event which has made coping difficult.
- Sleep is problematic. You make be waking up at night or unable to fall sleep. Racing thoughts are often a symptom.
- Unusual thoughts? For example, this can range from depressive or suicidal thoughts to paranoia. If you are suicidal please contact your family doctor or local emergency department.
- Changes in eating. You are eating almost nothing or eating everything in sight.
- Irritability or anger outside of the norm including snapping at family and friends or raging when the smallest thing happens.
- Backing off from activities which you previously enjoyed, isolating yourself and spending a lot of time alone.
- Lower energy. If you can’t seem to get out of bed after a good night’s sleep or find yourself dragging yourself from activity to activity during the day.
These are just a few of the reasons to seek professional personal counselling. We all need someone to talk to at some point. Resources are available to help individuals who want counselling. Check with your family doctor, local mental health agency, non-profit counselling service, church or synagogue, or Employee and Family Assistance Provider. Don’t wait until you find yourself at the end of your rope. Reach out today. Learn more about Personal Counselling.